Top FAQs

1. How do I join NWGACU?

It's easy! Membership is open to any resident of Floyd County, as well as anyone who works at a Sponsor Employee Group. You can also join if you have a family member who is an NWGACU member, or you can join by becoming a member of the Getting Ahead Association. Then, all you need to do is open a savings account with at least $25. As long as you keep $25 in your account, you are a member for life, even if you move or change jobs. To open your savings account, you will need to bring a government-issued picture ID (e.g. driver’s license, military ID card) and your social security card. If your ID has a P.O. box as your address, please bring a proof of physical residence, like a utility bill.

2. I want to open an account for my child. Does my child have to be present?

Not if the child is under age 18. Minors are required to have an adult age 21 or over on the account, so your signature is the one we need. We will gladly put your child’s name on the account with yours. When you come, be prepared to provide your child's social security number.

3. What kinds of things does the credit union look for when deciding to approve a loan?

At NWGACU, we look at a variety of factors. Employment history, amount of total debt, credit score, the purpose of the loan, and your relationship with the credit union are some of the key elements of a loan decision. Credit unions are unique in that our loan decisions are made on more of a case-by-case, personal basis; you are more than just a number to us.

4. How long do I have to be a member before I can apply for a loan?

You may apply for a loan as soon as you join the credit union! As long as you keep $25 in your savings account, you have immediate and full access to all of our products and services.

5. If I sign up for direct deposit, how quickly will my money be in my account on payday?

NWGACU deposits the money into your account as soon as we receive it from your employer. If your employer submits payroll electronically, your money will be in your account no later than 9 a.m. the following morning. If your employer submits payroll manually, we will deposit it immediately upon receipt. Direct deposit should not cause a delay in receiving your paycheck!

6. How do I add/remove a joint member to/from my account?

To add a member, you will need to complete a new signature card, in which you and the joint member sign. Both of you will need to come by one of our branch locations. To remove a member, all joint members of the account need to agree to the removal, or the account can be closed and remaining joint members may open a new account.

7. How do I sign up for eBranch?

Our eBranch online services are completely free, and they are available to any member who has a free checking account. To sign up for Online Banking, simply complete the online application by clicking the link from our homepage. To enroll in Online Bill Pay, login to your Online Banking account, then click the Bill Pay tab and complete the brief online application. To enroll in eStatements with Check Images, log into Online Banking, then click on the eStatement link to the right to turn the feature on. You may receive one more paper statement before going paperless.

8. What happens if I haven’t received an e-mail notification that my eStatement is ready to be viewed?

Once you have signed up for eStatements through Online Banking, you should go directly to ‘View My eStatement’. After you enroll in eStatements you will have immediate access to your eStatements, which are stored for 18 months. You will not receive an email notification for future months until you have ‘activated’ eStatements by clicking on ‘View My eStatement’.

9. How do I change my address with the credit union?

Changing your address is easy. If you are enrolled in Online Banking, you can change your address online! Simply login to Online Banking, click the Additional Services tab, then choose the address change option. Or, you may also stop by one of our branch locations to fill out a short form, or print our Change of Address form and submit it to the credit union by mail or fax.

10. Does NWGACU ever sell cars?

We occasionally have repossessed vehicles. When we do, they reside at our Main Office/Redmond Road branch location with a big FOR SALE sign in the window. We will also place flyers in our branches with car details. To place a bid on a repossessed vehicle, speak with Rhonda Copeland, Collections Officer, at 706.291.9290, ext. 13.

11. How do I use, a free and secure financial management website, offers tools and resources to manage your money in one place. To create an account, search for Northwest Georgia CU or It will then ask for your account number and access code. Instead of an account number you will need to enter Online Banking username and password.

12. How do I change my Online Banking password?

Changing your online banking password can be done from your computer, tablet or smartphone. From your computer, log in to online banking. Click on the "Options" tab, then choose "Personal". Follow the prompts in the box entitled "Modify Login Information" to change your password. From your tablet or smartphone, direct your browser to, then choose "View Full Site" at the botton of the home page. After that, follow the steps above to change your online banking password.