Home Equity Loans/Lines of Credit
- No application fee
- Low closing costs, usually significantly less than a bank
- Your loan is underwritten internally — we do not sell it
- Payroll deduction available
Or call us at 706.291.9290 (main office), or 706-802-0030 (East Rome branch) or visit one of our locations
Need to update your home, consolidate debt, or make a large purchase? Borrowing against your home’s equity might be the most economical choice. We offer two options: home euqity loans and lines of credit.
- A home equity loan, also known as a second mortgage, has a fixed rate for a set dollar amount and upto a 15-year term. The interest on these loans is usually tax-deductible. Home equity loans with the credit union offer low closing costs and excellent rates.
- A home equity line of credit can be tapped as needed, up to a maximum amount in a 15-year period. The interest rate is variable. Money can be accessed for the first 7 years, and the remaining 8 years would be used to pay off the borrowed amount. Home equity lines of credit also have excellent rates and closing costs that are often slightly lower than the same amount borrowed as a home equity loan.
Northwest Georgia Credit Union is an Equal Housing Lender. Talk to your tax advisor to find out if you qualify for tax deductions.