- Low or no minimum balance
- Deposits can be made by mail, in person, or by payroll deduction
- Free access to Online Banking
- Dividends paid quarterly or monthly, calculated on the daily balance
Call us at 706.291.9290,
or visit one of our locations
Upon joining the credit union, every member opens a savings account with a minimum balance of $25. This is your “share” of ownership in your credit union, which allows you access to every product and service. Subsequent regular savings accounts have no minimum balance requirements.
Your money is accessible at our branches, and if you have a checking account with a debit card, you can also access your money at our ATMs. It can also be set up for automatic debit of recurring bills, such as insurance payments. Dividends are paid quarterly.
And be sure to use your savings account to its fullest potential. Here’s how:
- Savings can be used as overdraft protection for your checking account
- Savings can be used as collateral for a loan
A Christmas Club account is a unique savings tool at NWGACU.
Christmas Club begins on November 1 and runs through October 31 of the following year, though members may join the club at any point in the year. No withdrawals are permitted until the account matures on October 31, in order to help you achieve your maximum savings potential. The result? A holiday-debt-free you, ready to give generously and without worry.
Other benefits include:
- No minimum balance
- Allows you save for the holiday season, or for other reasons, like helping you save year-round to pay escrow (taxes and insurance) on your mortgage.
- Account balance automatically sent to members on maturity, either by check or deposit into a share account.
- Account automatically reopens for the following year, for your convenience
- Dividends are paid quarterly
Share certificates at Northwest Georgia Credit Union is a great way to save your money without the uncertainties of interest rates. A share certificate allows you to save for a specified period of time on a fixed and higher interest rate than a regular savings account.
- Low minimum deposit of $500.00
- 6, 12, and 24-month share certificates available
- Dividends paid monthly
- Dividends may be added to your principal investment, or you may receive a monthly check
- May be used as collateral for a loan
- Upon maturity, you may transfer funds to any open account with the credit union or immediately reinvest it
A money market account comes with valuable benefits like:
- Low minimum balance
- Unlimited withdrawals with no penalty
- Dividends paid monthly (calculated on the daily balance)
- May be used as overdraft protection for your checking account
- May be set up as a savings account or a checking account
- If set up as a savings account, it may be used as collateral for a loan with a lower interest rate
There are three types of money market accounts available to NWGACU members, each with progressively higher dividend rates:
Bronze — minimum account balance of $1,000
Silver — minimum account balance of $15,000
Gold — minimum account balance of $30,000